November 23, 2017, 01:40:59 AM

Author Topic: I Need the Communities Input!  (Read 691 times)

Offline WBVInnovations

• Commodore
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
    • View Profile
I Need the Communities Input!
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:17:52 AM »
This is the 750-800-word midterm I am having to write for my college english course this year. There were four different topics and the one I had chose was one about a community you belong to. I chose us, as vapers we are a strong group of friends from around the world. We were asked to get it peer reviewed so this is a place where I feel i can get the best constructive criticism. Thank you all in advance i would love to see what i need to add, remove, or change to this.

There is a community that I belong to that isn't just across a city or state but intercontinental. I speak of the “Vape” community. Im sure you've heard the controversies over the community I am a part of. Although you may have heard some things about us its not all true. The scientific studies that disprove the benefits and call us cancerous are paid for by none other than the big tobacco companies we are trying to shut down, and are performed with inaccurate information. We are given a bad name because we are not understood.

I know that what those outside of this community have only seen the negative of our community. We are here to shut down the “cancer king” big tobacco, and put an end to un necessary  deaths related to the tobacco industry across the world. The ingredients within the “E-Liquid” which creates vapor are proven to remove the tar from the lungs and “clean” the capillaries within alveoli and bronchioles. Some scientific studies backed by big tobacco are saying that the wire and liquid when heated create known cancerous fumes. While that is true the results are produced under extreme conditions, they set up a test using the right type of wire, along with correct liquid but then use a car battery to heat it until it melts. Of course when you place something that is only suppose to be heated with up to 6 volts and almost 13 volts for hours at a time you are going to cause some damage. When it comes to research it is hard to believe whats fact. Although you can look at those who vape and ask them how they feel, ask them if they're able to walk up the stairs without getting winded like they did when they smoked, ask them how their smokers cough is, ask to see a before and after chest X-ray.

The anti-vape community also says we are marketing our products towards kids. In which we ask how are we doing so? Although we create flavors to attract smokers into vaping like twinkies, fruity pebbles cereal, or even pancakes, we aren't marketing to children. If you're able to say that we are and are trying to shut us down why are you not trying to shut down a few famous companies by the name of, Absolute, Smirnoff, Pinnacle, and Svedka, to just name a few. Why aren't they targeting them, is it because they are good for your health? No, quite the opposite. As retail locations like liquor stores we have a strict no ID no sell policy, this keeps product out of first hand minor buyers. Then comes the criticism of people are reselling it to minors, yes they are, what age restricted thing isn't resold to minors now? We like the liquor market have little control over who's hands our product ends up in secondhand but we try our best to keep that from happening with childproof caps and clear labels that state “not for use by minors” or “18+”. Just remember next time you hear about vape marketing to kids just remember we are trying our best to attract the smokers who are killing them selfs due to an addiction and saving their lives while stopping minors from buying our products.

As a community we are a group of good people. When was the last time you saw a Marlboro Sponsored cancer charity event or a liquor themed fundraiser. In my recollection never. We as vapers have come together as a community and created huge fundraiser for children with cancer, wounded warriors, and even our community parks and recreation area beautification. We as vapers only want to see what is the best for those around us, even if they are opposed to vaping when we see someone in need as a community band together and create something truly touching. Don't get me wrong there will always be those who don't support our cause or respect it either even within our own community, but we as a majority will stand by each other to better this world by one more pack of cigarettes in the trash at a time and one more vape in someones hand.

When the opposition approaches with an open mind maybe then will they understand our community. Unfortunately most people are misinformed and come and attack us, instead of listening to what we are really doing. We try our best to keep the world informed but for every one positive article there are more than ten in the opposition. Although most of those articles aren't backed but the truth we stand out and make a difference in our states and countries. we as a community just don't want to be misunderstood anymore.

Offline Vwls

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1532
  • -Receive: 1035
  • Dreaming of Caravelas in the night...
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: #58, Vwls, and Angel Vela + Nau prototype XX7
Re: I Need the Communities Input!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:31:48 AM »
I thought it was good... the part about the vodka companies is something I have been saying forever.
Dreaming of Caravelas in the night...