November 23, 2017, 03:45:20 AM

Author Topic: Lessons in life for EVERYONE to Remember  (Read 19973 times)

Offline dspin

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 792
  • -Receive: 2052
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela, GUS, Ti Mods, GG, Poldiac
Lessons in life for EVERYONE to Remember
« on: April 04, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »
I love this and usually send it out in e-mails over and over every year.

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL LESSON IN LIFE AND LONGEVITY !!

Be nice to others because . . time WILL make a difference!

One day you will no longer be the big dog..
just the old dog… and it's nice to be surrounded by friends

Offline dspin

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Lessons in life for EVERYONE to Remember
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
While I'm at it I do so love the following - it is so true as all you dog lovers know::

BEST FRIEND

"Take a lesson from the dog, man's best friend. He accepts us for what we are. He does not gossip about us behind our backs. His life is a perfect sermon on affection and devotion. He will run his legs off for you. He will submit to almost any hardship to make you happy. He will risk his life for you if necessary.

If you are moody or unkind at times, he will forgive you. He will not complain if his food is scant. He will bear burdens without complaint. He is thankful for small favors. He does not sulk or nurse a grudge against you. His additional friends do not lessen his love for you. He does not question your dress or looks. He is not temperamental like we humans.

His purpose is to please on all occasions. He does not bore us with his troubles. His thanks and appreciation are genuine... He does not pry into your private affairs. He never double crosses you. His is not to question why, but to do and perchance to die for you. He trusts you implicitly.

He is a living symbol of faith, hope, and love. Yes, brother, he is a builder, for such a friend does something constructive to our character.

Offline Ciubulu

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 111
  • -Receive: 133
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela #318, Scorpion Caravela + gorgeous Vela Latina. 318* coming :)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:28:09 AM »
Thank you for sharing dspin, you make me move  :)

Offline kami

• Me hearty!
  • Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 149
  • -Receive: 476
  • Angelic Pirate Girl ... Aaargh!
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela, and an eGo
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »
...............snip................

How True!

*doglick*
________

Offline tikoeteko

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 554
  • -Receive: 4729
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:15:31 PM »
I love this and usually send it out in e-mails over and over every year.

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL LESSON IN LIFE AND LONGEVITY !!

Be nice to others because . . time WILL make a difference!

One word amazing example.
Thanks my friend
Pedro
Pedro

Offline moueix

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 142
  • -Receive: 320
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Beautiful Caravela, Amazing Caravela, and Awesome Caravela Drip Tank
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »
HAHA!!! THAT'S GREAT, DSPIN!!  Very funny.

My oldest son was wont to pick on his little brother when they were very young. I kept a chart on a closet door where I marked their age and height. When he was 6 and his brother was 3, I showed him his younger brother was much taller at 3 than he was, and someday would probably be much bigger than him. I suggested he be careful to be a nice big brother. It worked. Today the 2nd son is 6'8" with a size 16 or 17 shoe. Besides being brothers, they're very good friends.
Three be the things I shall never attain; Envy, Content nor Sufficient Champagne.

Offline dspin

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:18:58 AM »
Awesome M, same thing happened with your sons.   Thanks for sharing that.

Offline Primer

• Rear-admiral
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 144
  • -Receive: 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:42:49 AM »
great lesson of life .... wise words. :)

thanks guys for sharing it, we often forget how important are some things!

Offline Rajuisha

• Admiral
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 37
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela 106 106*, SS GGTS, Just GG, Odysseus, Penelope, Iatty, Ac9, provari mini 2.5, Kato's Hammer, Chi_you, GP Paps Lux,
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
Thank you for sharing that with us. People don't seem to realise how short life is. They don't realise that there is nothing in this world that they can take to their graves. Wether it be money, house, car, loved ones, whatever it be, we come to this world empty handed and we shall leave empty handed.
No land is anyone's, this earth is ours, we are all human beings trying to survive Nad we need to take care of one another.
Theirs too many killing, too much suffering, too many aggressive and angry people, too many poor people, too many people without food or water and too many greedy politicians.

My request to my vaping family is.....please take care of yourselfs, take care of your friends and family but take care of people around you even if they be strangers, feed the poor and be good to everyone. These are the things that will make us a success in this life and hereafter (that's if you believe in god).

Thank you everyone for reading this post and thank you Dspin

Offline dspin

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
So true Raj, everything you said.

Offline Rajuisha

• Admiral
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela 106 106*, SS GGTS, Just GG, Odysseus, Penelope, Iatty, Ac9, provari mini 2.5, Kato's Hammer, Chi_you, GP Paps Lux,
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 06:21:05 PM »
It's so sad the way this world spins. Some times I wish all life ceases to exist, specially when I see kids in pain, hungry and homeless. we humans do not deserve to rule this world.
My friends, family even my lovers use to tell me that I shouldn't be the way I am as others are not like me and will never be like me but this is who I am. I cannot see my self hurting others in any way shape or form but that isn't to say I am perfect but far from it but I will say that I wish there was more people like me (no silly comments please  :) ).
Enough from me now, getting upset just thinking about all this  :'(  >:(

By the way Dspin, I hate dogs (have had bad experience lol) but reading your post made me feel like owning one hehehe

Offline dspin

• Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:13 AM »
I agree Raj, human beings are the most evil and base of all living creatures on this earth.  The whole world has gone mad.   Every year it seems to get worse.   I am a child of the 50's and no way did people behave in that fashion then.   We were all taught morals, how to treat other people, to love and fear God, the importance of familly, etc, etc.   

I do not even recognize my country anymore.   Everything good is now evil and everything that use to be evil is now good.  3 yrs ago a neighbor boy (16) shot his parents because they wouldnt let him have a particular video game.  He shot both in the head.  His mother died instantly and his father lived as bullet exited through side of face.   There were many people clamouring for leniency - can you imagine that?

The worst of it all is the increase in abuse, molestation and murder of little children.  Mob justice should prevail here as the courts dont care and most people's memorys run short.   People worry more about who is playing football or where they are going on the weekend.   Soon this world will be worse than Sodom and Gommorah.  At least those that hurt little children will someday suffer the worst wrath of all.

Re: dogs, read above commentary.  It is true on the greatness of dogs.  Too bad you had a bad experience, but there are a lot less agressive dogs than humans.

Raj - a dog will be your best friend in the world - IMO

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:09:56 AM by dspin »

Offline Rajuisha

• Admiral
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 12:56:28 AM »
Totally agree with you buddy.
Unfortunately, this world will stay as it is if not worse and there's nothing you, me or anyone can do and that's a FACT. Unless everyone does something about it.
The rich people, politicians and the world leaders are the only ones that can make the real changes (unfortunately), we are just stuck with that and they are too busy with riches, fame and power.

I do believe that a dog is a mans best friend and they are there for you each and every time. Me personally prefer cats................a Lion to be precise lol just to scare the shit out of bad people and bullies and occasionally set then on murderers, children killers, rapists and so on :-)

Offline tikoeteko

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the fleet
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 554
  • -Receive: 4729
    • View Profile
  • Mods?: Caravela
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 04:39:09 AM »
Totally agree with you buddy.
Unfortunately, this world will stay as it is if not worse and there's nothing you, me or anyone can do and that's a FACT. Unless everyone does something about it.
The rich people, politicians and the world leaders are the only ones that can make the real changes (unfortunately), we are just stuck with that and they are too busy with riches, fame and power.

I do believe that a dog is a mans best friend and they are there for you each and every time. Me personally prefer cats................a Lion to be precise lol just to scare the shit out of bad people and bullies and occasionally set then on murderers, children killers, rapists and so on :-)

No my friend it is not politician that can change this, they will not do it.... if every one help  someone near is possible to make this crazy planet much better
One of us cannot change  the word, but for sure  but we can change the atmosphere around us, and sometimes is so simple,  is just smile.....
Kind regards
Pedro
Pedro

Offline Rajuisha

• Admiral
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 12:39:01 PM »
That's the problem right there, they won't change it as they can't even change themselfs. That's where the problem lies.

Yes Pedro, a simple smile goes a long way :-)